Thursday, June 18, 2009

Nostalgia ~ a trip down the memory lane part 2!

Sorry for the fact that I've to interrupt my series of nostalgic posts on my old layouts which I have yet to show yet yesterday due to showing off a rushed-out layout, well uh, okay... taking a trip down my flickr pretty much does provokes a lot of memories!

As I skimmed through my flickr's photostream, unevitably, this layout below catches my eye, for a few reasons of course!:
Rose by you.
Supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Patterned Papers: Making Memories
Cardstock Stickers: Basic Grey
Alphas: American Crafts


This was the layout that I manipulated/experimented with new techniques, scrapbooking styles. This layout, was inspired by Kerry Lynn :) She posted a layout of her daughter whereby she printed her daughter's picture on a kraft cardstock. Everybody should try this new technique, its so much fun, especially for people like me who has just ran out of photo papers, haha! As I'm not that skilled in the arts of restocking supplies (just take a look at my previous post as to how I finished up my white cardstock stack too!), just on the day I was doing up this layout, I ran out of photo paper (fret not, I've stocked up on this essential now!)

I did the same and printed my cousin, Petrina's picture onto kraft cardstock as well. :) It was also the first time I scrapped something the size of 6"x12". The process was refreshing yet slightly restrictive due to the small size at the same time, but overall, it was a good experience!

I tried to use minimal number of embellishments too, actually, most of them were just cardstock stickers from a pack of Basic Grey's collections. So yeah, you can consider it a failed attempt!

It's not one of my best layouts, of course, but at least, its one of my most unique one. :) By the way, while my scrapping mojo is taking itself out on a major vacation, at least the blogging mojo is back now to retrieve his throne. Hopefully I will continue blogging in a regular manner/timeframe now, haha!

Btw, yes, I submitted the layout below for the stacking titles challenge over at TwoPeas. Weird that it wouldn't show up on the challenge page even though I did tick it to post it for challenges though. Ah well, I am so sure I wouldn't win anyway, so why fret, heh!

No comments: