Sunday, January 4, 2009

Online-shopping pleasures + WINNER!

I expect this post to be picture-heavy as I think I need to cover quite a few stuff (mostly stuff that make me excited - ha, what else other than scrapbooking? ;] )

Firstly, I entered a layout of mine into my LSS's mid month challenge over at their forum. Guess what? To my utter surprise, I actually won. It really came as a surprise because there were many other talented scrappers who had even more talent than me when it comes to scrapping who participated.

For anyone who's interested in seeing that winning layout, here you go ;)
(I apologise for that weird grey line at the top, I guess something went wrong while I was trying to scan in that layout)

Girls Afternoon by you.

This photo was taken in early '06, almost 3 years away. The photo subject is our (my friends and me) legs in the water over at the skypark of a local shopping mall (yes, we have a skypark. :D) and we were trying to do the standard 'teensie BFF leg' pose. Cliche, but honestly it was fun.

Products used:
Patterned Papers: Sassafras Lass
Stickers: Making Memories, Scenic Route, Love Elsie, Sassafras Lass
Blings: Prima



Secondly, I have been spending too much money online lately. Well, it was for a good cause. Scrapbooking to me, is a good cause. ;)

First up, I bought three kits from Qteakits. (What to do, they are having MAJOR sale and shipping is so cheap from Australia to Singapore! Quick hurry over there, kits are going away so fast!)

I bought the Dec'08, Nov'08 and Jan'09 one, seriously, at $10AUD (except for Jan'09) per kit, I have to get those kits. Those three kits only add up to $30USD including shipping, which to me, sounds absolutely reasonable. :)

Funny thing is, the RAK from the challenge that I won is Qtea's Jan'09 kit, so now I am going to receive duplicate kits, sweet! Pardon me, I really didn't know I was gonna win and when I saw the prize page being put up, I knew I was gonna get that kit myself even if I don't win it. After I looked at all the other beautiful entries submitted in, I thought I am so gonna lose, therefore I decided to get the kit for myself too... so yeah, sometimes things come unexpected! :P

Then I got this super cute project kit from Scarlet Lime. It's going out so fast now that it's already sold out. No surprise there, this baby is so darling. It includes a lot of products from Making Memories newest line, "Love Notes". Oh, if you ask me what I think about that new line, dare I say, it can even beat my previous alltime-favorite collections from Making Memories (Noteworthy 1 and Noteworthy 2)

Don't they just look especially scrumptious? The PPs, the rubons, the dimensional stickers and everything else. No wonder I was willing to splurge it all out on this beautiful kit. :) What makes me even more happy is all the other goodies Christy throw in the kit that aren't really commercialized. (I always love non-commercialized sb supplies, it just ties the whole connection to the old-school scrapbooking altogether... :D)

And now, I also bought elsie's new craft kit. (can't wait for her store and online store to open in Feb this year! I am sooooo excited for more of her new craft kits, they are always so fun and versatile!)

Img_3351

Img_3340

Oh the scrapping front, I have been feeling semi-inspired lately. Mr Mojo came into my brain just visiting for a few hours before going off again, so during that time I only managed to finish 2 layouts. But, oh-well, much better than nothing, of course! :D

No comments: